Corporate Social Responsibility Policy Statement
Pasante Healthcare Ltd strives to be a good corporate citizen. Through its managers and employees, Pasante is committed to promoting protection of the environment; supporting charities and local communities; promoting equal opportunities; ensuring safe and efficient working practices and working with suppliers who uphold similar values.
Pasante recognises that our people are our greatest asset and key to continued growth and success and as such, we are committed to providing careers and working environments in which our people can achieve their fullest potential.
Pasante has a commitment to keeping employers informed through regular staff meetings. Employees can access the Pasante website to obtain general information on the company. Employees are encouraged to discuss operational issues with their line managers and to suggest ways to improve performance and efficiency.
- Provides clear and fair terms of employment for its employees
- Provides clean, healthy and safe working conditions
- Has a fair remuneration policy
- Strives for equal opportunities for all present and future employees
- Encourages employees to develop skills and progress in their careers
- Carries out proactive appraisals and performance reviews
- Does not employ underage staff
- Ensures that staff are aware of the Company’s policies on insider trading, bribery and inappropriate gifts, money laundering and whistle blowing
- Encourages a harmonious working environment with zero tolerance to bullying or to any form of harassment relating to an individual’s sex or other personal characteristics
Pasante is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and diversity in employment and recognises that this is essential to ensuring the success and growth of the organisation. To this end, Pasante makes every effort to select, recruit, train and promote the best candidates based on suitability for the job; to treat all employees and applicants fairly, regardless of race, sex, marital status, age, nationality, ethnic origin, religious belief, sexual orientation or disability; and to ensure that no employees suffers harassment or intimidation.
It is the policy of Pasante to provide employment and to make reasonable adjustment to accommodate disabled persons wherever business requirements will allow and if applications are received from suitable individuals. Should an existing employee become disabled, every reasonable effort will be made to ensure that their employment can continue on a worthwhile basis and that career opportunities are available to them.
Health, Safety and Welfare at Work
The Health and Safety, welfare and wellbeing of employees is of paramount importance to Pasante. It is the policy of Pasante to create and improve standards of Health and Safety, which will lead to the avoidance and reduction of risks and to ensure that the Company complies with all Health and Safety legislation. The Health and Safety Policy; Health and Safety Guide and Procedures are displayed on all site notice boards.
The Safety Committee actively implement the policies, standards and procedures on site supported by the Safety Officer and Managing Director, and meets on a bi-annual basis to review activity and policy. The Safety Officer reports annually to the Managing Director where the reports are reviewed and appropriate improvements are made.
Pasante makes every reasonable and practicable effort to provide safe and healthy working conditions on site. It is the duty of all employees to exercise responsibility and to everything that they can to prevent injury to themselves and others. The policy and procedures are communicated to employees through contracts of employment, employee handbook, procedures and guidelines, bulletins and notice boards and training as appropriate.
Employees participate in a range of lifestyle and wellbeing benefits including:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Medical Plan
- Healthy Eating programmes
- Fitness and Wellbeing programme
Pasante is committed to ensuring the integrity and security of its business information with particular attention given to personal and sensitive data where inappropriate use or inadequate maintenance and safeguarding could have serious repercussions.
Environmental savings make good business sense. Pasante Healthcare is committed to conducting its operations in an environmentally responsible manner. We continually strive to improve our environmental performance by assessing our current situation, and undertaking cost-effective improvements.
Pasante strives to minimise any negative impact we may have on the environment, and is committed to the following:
- Integrating Environmental considerations into business planning, facilities design, operating practices and training programs.
- Adopting programs and practices which meet or exceed applicable government regulations, and industry codes or standards where relevant.
- Using continuous improvement principles to improve performance.
- Focusing efforts and resources on preventing incidents. In the event of an injury or contaminant release, we will respond promptly in a manner which protects employees and public health and safety, and which mitigates environmental impact.
- Investing the necessary time and resources to provide employee training. Employees will be provided with the tools to work to a safe and high standard of conduct which minimizes the risk to themselves, fellow employees, and the environment.
- Management setting goals and establishing standards and work procedures, which support our commitment to improved environmental performance.
- Auditing operations to assess compliance with environmental and other relevant legislation, and to identify opportunities for improvement. All new properties and operations will be assessed before purchase, and sold or discontinued operations reviewed before disposal.
- Following a waste management decision process aimed at finding ways to reduce, reuse and recycle materials before a final disposal option is selected.
Supporting the following efforts:
- Educating consumers, the public and the government regarding the environmental profile of our products and type of operations.
- Reducing the environmental impact of products, packaging and manufacturing processes in partnership with our customers and suppliers.
In addition, Pasante:
- Has reduced write off and disposal of redundant, out dated packaging and paper resources by working with suppliers to optimize print runs
- In 2014, launched a Cycle to Work Scheme to enable staff to tax efficiently purchase bicycles for cycling to work
- Encourages employees to ensure that where required only the relevant parts of emails are printed, double sided and that all waste is disposed of in secure bins, 100% of which is recycled
- All cardboard packaging waste is recycled where possible for onward use in warehouse operations
- Works closely with the company design department to ensure that consumer packaging is appropriate and optimal
- Ensures that shipper configurations are designed for maximum pallet utilisation both for internal and customer storage, and to reduce shipping costs where possible.
- Recycle used toner cartridges
- Collects used batteries and deposits in local M & S recycling boxes for recovery and recycling
- Pasante support local charities Wooden Spoon and Worthing Churches Homeless Project through social events and fundraising activities such as Lancing Business Park Bake Off (£1,200 raised)
- Pasante supported the 2016 Rumble In The Jumble, held to empower women in Myanmar by donating £3,500 of products and helped to raise £33,009
Pasante takes into account the interest of all its stakeholders including its employees, customers and suppliers, as well as the local community and the environment. Pasante seeks to adhere to the highest standards of integrity, personal conduct, ethics and fairness.
- Seeks to be honest and fair in its relationships with customers
- Provides the standards of product and service that have been agreed
- Takes all reasonable steps to ensure the safety and quality of products or services it provides
- Works with customers to ensure that labour standards within supply chain meet or exceed required standards
- Seeks to be honest and fair in its relationships with suppliers and subcontractors
- Pays suppliers and subcontractors in accordance with agreed terms
- Has a policy not to offer, pay or accept bribes or substantial favours
- Encourages suppliers and subcontractors to abide by the same standards and principles
- Commits to the improvement of labour standards within the supply chain by undertaking social audits on its suppliers, carried out by customer approved 3rd party auditors
- Aims to make the communities in which we work better places to live and conduct business
- Aims to be sensitive to the local community’s cultural, social and economic needs
- Endeavours to protect and preserve the environment where it operates
- Encourages its employees to support local charities when participating in events such as half marathons, 10K runs, cycle rides including London to Brighton Bike Ride
- Undergoes regular Regulatory and Technical audits to ensure the ongoing compliance of our products with all relevant international standards
- Undertakes regular supplier and sub-contractor audits
- Undergoes regular customer social audits.
- Maintains a Code of Conduct For Ethical Trading